Promat Duratec materials are “technical ceramics” made from calcium silicate, it acts as a high quality asbestos replacement board. They are formulated without the use of asbestos fibres, and are thermally and electrically insulating materials for high temperature insulation use. Duratec is available in two different grades Duratec 750 which exhibits higher strength and Duratec 1000 exhibits low shrinkage.
- Nominal Density 1400kg/m3
- Flexural Strength 23MPa
- Compressive Strength at 10% compaction 55MPa
- Maximum Service Temperature 1000°C
- Thermal Conductivity 0.49W/mK
Thermal properties – Non-combustible and free of organic constituents; service temperature 1000°C; thermal conductivity decreases with increasing temperature.Electrical properties – High arc resistance; high surface and volume resistivity; high track resistance.Mechanical/Chemical properties – High strength over the full temperature range; machinable to close tolerances; high chemical stability in alkaline media; reactive in acid media; can be impregnated to become hydrophobic.
Machinable material for component manufacture for use as:
- Element supports for the furnace industry
- Structural insulation within metal forming applications
- Electrical insulation
- Arc shields in switchgear
- High strength thermal and electrical separators
- Thicknesses (mm) 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50 and 75
- Width (mm) 1220
- Length (mm) 1500